Skip to Main Content

Company History

Kelly’s Garage has been in business servicing the community for more than 134 years. Starting in 1887 Kelly's family business began as a woodworking facility making handles, bobbs, sleighs, cutters and wagons, as well as cider and cider vinegar. 1906 Lloyd Kelly started the first Acetylene Welding Service in the area. In 1936 the Don Kelly Family started and established the location now known as Kelly’s Garage and began servicing and distributing Allis Chalmers. In the 1940’s and 50’s there were seven tractor distributors in the Town of Perry, today Kelly’s, now owned and operated by Mike Kelly, is the only one left. With the evolution of fast paced technology, Kelly’s has decided it needs to expand its facility to meet demand by having inventory more readily available for distribution and allow the business to maintain its position in the agriculture sector.

Project Description

Kelly’s has plans for the construction of a 100’ x 160’, (16,000 sq. ft.), pre-engineered steel building to serve as fabrication and set-up of equipment, storage warehouse of inventory for distribution and parts, accessories and delivery vehicles. The capital investment for this $835,000 project will be self-funded.


The Company requests abatement of sales tax on construction materials and non-production equipment, and a 10-year PILOT agreement for temporary abatement of property tax using the standard UTEP project schedule. Approximate value of these incentives is expected to be more than $100,000; therefore, a public hearing will be necessary.

Project Documents